View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #898
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
idk. If you are referring to the guy in armor with horns, then there is no way he is a fire demon lol.
No, I'm referring to this guy, who appears to be the only one there of his kind...
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/566/p11146121445.jpg

keep in mind he might get some cgi done to him as well.

Quote:
not too sure. I feel like it would take away from the anticipation of Thor 3. If thor 3 is a ragnarok story with Surtur, I feel it would be better, and more..cinematic to tease surtur.
You know what I am trying to get at? Though I suppose they could have surtur attack, and fend him off, then he builds twilight in the after credit scene, for a ragnarok thor 3. Though if Surtur is the final act, credit goes to cherokeesam, he called it first lol
Fair enough, but I get credit if the Vanir are involved.

So, yes I understand what you are saying, but, just consider for a moment, if the big Surtur confrontation happens at the end of Thor 2. That would mean that they would be doing another storyline with another villain in Thor 3, assuming there is a Thor 3. SO, what do you think that would be, what would be a good follow up to fighting off Malekith, Kurse, and Surtur in Thor 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I agree with you that there appears to be enough time for another big fight (and let me take a minute to applaud the fact that there looks to be *SOOOOO* many big fights in this film! ). And most all of us have long felt that this arc leads to Surtur sooner or later, Thor2 or Thor3.

As you know, I have long felt Surtur will be in Thor3, not least because Surtur's attack in Simonson leaves Asgard without Odin, and without a Balder to step in, such a development would complicate Thor's participation in Avengers 2. There's also the matter of the attack on Earth in the Simonson arc. It's not clear that the material they've shot supports a fire demon attack on London, say, though I could be wrong on that. So while it feels like there's enough time for one more fight, it doesn't seem like it's the right amount of time for *that* fight, at least as staged in Simonson. (Of course, they are quite at liberty to diverge from Simonson.)

As for whether Surtur would orchestrate the various realms conspiring to move against Asgard, I'm not sure. When he finally attacks Asgard, Surtur kind of comes off as kind of a dullard, actually (and Loki mocks him for it). So maybe he's just one of the forces in the universe taking advantage of the power vacuum left by the destruction of the Bifrost.
could be, true, true... I do think that it does appear that something BIG is summoned in Greenwich by Malekith and then heads West into London for a big battle, possibly along the Thames, based on what places were filmed at and near. Based on the fact that we didn't see AAA in costume or other Dark Elves running around those places, attacking people, or not that we've heard, it seems like that fight is going to be largely CGI, and probably won't simply be against Dark Elves.

So something big, probably not Kurse, maybe, but I'm just saying probably not, what choices are there? Surtur, World Serpent/Nidhogg, Ymir, what else?

Last edited by elizah72; 02-08-2013 at 03:14 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote