View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #646
Aztec
Side-Kick

Default Re: TIH vs. Ang Lee's Hulk

So Ang Lee's "Hulk" was on AMC last week and I decided to DVR and watch it. I hadn't seen it since I saw it in theaters and hated it immensely.

Looking back at the film I wanted to answer the following questions:
1) Was it as bad as I remembered?
2) Could it fit into the MCU?

The short answers: 1) Not quite and 2) No.

The longer answers:
1) It is certainly not a good movie IMHO. I'm not even sure what it is to be honest with you. The tone kind of jumps back and forth throughout; and it's guilty of taking itself far too seriously. The one thing I do know for sure is that it's not a good Hulk movie. It just seems to me that Ang wanted to tell a different story and he just shoehorned Hulk characters into it. It's uneven, it's dry, and it really does nothing with the Hulk himself. However I did enjoy some of the characters (except Ross he was awful in this one IMHO and Banner's father was a terrible plotline) and emotions more this time than I did in the first go round.

2) To those who question if this could still be considered a quasi-prequel to the MCU; I'd have to say no. Aside from the obvious continuity errors it would introduce: the relationship between the Ross', Betty's injury during the first Hulk out, the fact that the original Hulk out took place at a completely different laboratory, and the manner of Banner gaining his powers...it still doesn't fit. Why? Because the entire tone and characterization doesn't fit with TIH/Avengers at all. It clearly just doesn't go.

My overall summation, this film is just best off forgotten.

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote