View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #792
McSir
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
I am very worried about this film for all the reasons listed above. It feels like there's not enough time to properly tell half the threads they're spinning here. Something is going to have to give, whether it's character/relationship development or overall plot. IMO the Winter Solider plot should have been set up in this film but saved for the third movie, that way Steve could have had time to develop to the new world, build new relationships and work with SHIELD before throwing the Bucky curveball at him.

As much as I love Natasha, I really hope they don't just do "star power = screen time" and that they give her a much smaller role. She's really not necessary to this plot, and the new characters shouldn't be short shifted just because the actors aren't as bankable.
Wouldn't have worked. Bucky was such a non-character in the first movie that if they waited until the third movie to bring up the Winter Solider for the third movie almost everybody in the general audience would've all but forgotten about him.

Plus, if you save all the cool stuff for some point in the future you have nothing to fill the present.