View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #958
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I'm not a fan of CGI living creatures in general (unless they're played by Andy Serkis, it seems). I saw Life of Pie recently and though I really enjoyed the movie I couldn't help being distracted by the CGI animals, particularly the tiger. And with The Hobbit, among other things I was disappointed with was how heavily it relied on CGI for its creatures. So if I really minded that I'd be skipping a lot of movies.

Can't really think of a time I thought a movie was ruined by the soundtrack, though There Will Be Blood came close.
Agreed about the CGI and TWBB, I had forgotten about that one. I haven't seen Life of Pi yet but oh man, the Hobbit... that Azog Orc guy was pretty horrible. I heard he was meant to be an actor in costume like the orcs from the old trilogy but they decided he wasn't "intimidating" enough. It's a shame, every time he was onscreen you could tell they had blown the CGI budget entirely on Gollum (with outstanding results in that department, he was bloody fantastic!). Things like the rabbit sled were pretty awful too, and even the hedgehog wasn't great...