View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #971
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
This news is amazing to hear. it means LSD has and most likely other are trying to convince Fox to develop an X4. All Fox need in order to greenlight this project is for the fans to show support for the movie. If we show them that we would still like this movie then the next logical step is for the movie to go into active development.
They should have greenlighted it a few years ago! Like as if casual viewers are more interested watching a solo Wolverine flick or another prequel that is going to tell the backstory of a X-Men character.

Look at Fast / Furious. Tokyo Drift didn't do much at the box-office but when they brought back the original cast for the 4th/5th film, the franchise reached its peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
She wouldn't make any sense in these movies though...
From a story point of view, Magneto never had children in these films, and if they suddenly decide to make it so that he did, I think we've got too much going on in DOFP to suddenly explain his fatherhood.

From a studio POV, a studio that hasn't hidden the fact that it's chosen characters specifically for their powers, introducing another metal bender seems counter productive...
Yes, plus the cast is already huge. So they should save Polaris for another movie.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-09-2013 at 09:26 PM.