View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #39
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: 3 Reasons "Days Of Future Past" Is Actually X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That really doesn't make sense.If Fox really wanted to reboot so badly they would have just done It.
You say that, while ignoring the fact that Fox would never have rebooted while still trying to launch a successful Wolverine franchise, starring Jackman's Wolverine. Now, it's 3 films later and Jackman will have played Wolverine 7 times. In addition, the First Class cast has contracts that expire after one more film, and Fox clearly isn't confident in that cast's ability to maintain its own franchise. That potentially leaves Fox with the original cast, but I don't envision all of them sticking around for another trilogy, nor do I expect audiences to remain as interested in them as they were 15 years ago or even as much as they are in Days of Future Past.

Where does that leave Fox? Does the studio lose older characters and introduce new ones? New villains? If so, that potentially takes Fox back to the problems it has with the First Class cast. I don't know what the studio plans to do, but I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of reboot/reset talk has occurred or will occur in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Definitely a plausibility BMM.

I guess my point is that perhaps we as fans should hang up the idea of seeing a direct continuation of X3 with a future X4--when it may be happening sooner than we could've possibly imagined with Days Of Future Past.
Yes, in a way. I think this is the closest people will get to a direct continuation of The Last Stand, without it being a follow up to just that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The next film will either be a new starting point for the modern X Men via an altered history from 1973. Or a continuation of FC within their own timeline.

Its a fresh start any way you look at it.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
A reboot of X-men concerns me because MS films are basiclly the ultimate Marvel universe on screen.
Why would that concern you, when the X-Men franchise has never been that faithful to the 616 universe to begin with? If anything can be learned from Marvel Studios, it's that comic book movies don't always have to shy away from the more colorful and outlandish elements of the books that some fans have come to love. I doubt that Fox would go in the opposite direction and continue with the grounded, Ultimate approach. Been there, done that.

Last edited by BMM; 02-10-2013 at 04:43 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote