View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #51
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
well, depends on what you are calling "Lead Actress" (there's no hard definition for what that even means).

If it was, say, for awards attention, no, Halle Berry would most likely not be submitted for "Lead Actress" consideration, she would be submitted under "Supporting Actress." If you are talking in terms of "Female Lead" which is what a casting director might call a female role, then no, she would certainly not be discussed as the "Female Lead". The role of Storm is a second or third female-lead role depending on the movie.

Patrick Stewart was the first billed among all the cast in the first two films. Was he the "lead" in those films?
Well there's a difference between a "lead actress" and a "lead role". Halle Berry was the lead actress of X3 purely because of her name but not her role in the movie. Thats the same with Patrick Stewart. He won't get billed first in X1 if it wasn't for his name or his reputation in the movie industry. Studios do it all the time to help sell the movie.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018