View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 AM   #7
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I guess it's different for me because unlike many here I've never read the comic books so I have no pre-existing love for the characters. For me all the knowledge of the characters comes from the movies.

So from my point of view, Storm is just a bland character played by a bland actress. I can't say I feel any enthusiasm about her possible return, at least this version of the character. If they can re-cast and re-invent her, say as a reboot or a younger version, that's of course a different story.
That's a valid point. But it is also valid to say that Storm is probably one of the top 2 or 3 most important X-Men characters of all time and shouldn't have been given the shortest of short straws in X1 and X2.

Take the Avengers for example. If you only knew the movies, none of the characters would be known to you. But then I think many comics fans would be pretty pissed if an Avengers movie had someone like Thor in it, and then left him in the background for the whole movie with no character development and no integral connection to the story. (This of course did not happen, as Thor was definitely not the star of the movie but very relevant to the story.)