View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #286
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
1.Information, sure. We don't have to watch him learn stuff for him to have learned said stuff if he's in space for a while.

I don't really want a super awesome deus ex machina weapon that can defeat Thanos at the last second, I'm sure you don't either if you really think about it. Whether it comes from Iron Man or the Guardians or Squirrel Girl. Don't want.

2. Whedon said he gave Hawkeye the mind****ing subplot because the original, fleshed out story he gave Hawkeye left the script too long. Because there was too much to cover between 5 heroes and Nick Fury and Loki. Doubling that doesn't help.

3. It is the amount of heroes who are in the movie, when your characters are witty superheroes that the audience likes who are played by famous actors that didn't sign on to these movies so they could each have 6 lines of dialogue.

These characters aren't the Ocean's cast. Outside of Clooney, Pitt and Damon those characters were all caricatures who had a couple of funny scenes. And that's fine for those movies. I don't imagine Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo will be happy under those circumstances. Audiences, who liked the first movie specifically because the characters were so fully realized and characterized and explored, certainly won't be.
Curious, what was Whedon's original plan with Hawkeye's character?