View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #104
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

First of all, I'm not some stupid teenage girl who just sympathizes with villains because the actor is hot. I really dont appreciate you insinuating that I am either. Clearly you dont think much of me, if that's what you think.

and the flip of the coin is we have Thor, early Thor 1, who was loved, and extremely priviledged, the precious chosen son, the one true heir, everything going his way, mom and dad love him best, all the babes love him, he's got his mighty hammer and the alpha male in the group. Everyone cheering as he is to be made King. Then his coronation is spoiled and he goes down to Jotunheim at the beginning of Thor 1, with the intention of beating and killing and subjugating the **** out of the Frost Giants, against the wishes of his father and companions, and needlessly endangering his companions. I"ll "slay them all" he said as a little boy. He murders them with a disturbing glee there on Jotunheim. Killing for the fun of it, he refuses to be dragged away as his brother calls to him, pleading with him to make an escape with the rest of them. Because he's just having too much fun there. He talks about "glorious battles" so it sounds like he's been killing in those battles across the 9 realms with glee for 1000 years. He has this attitude of violence is good and glorious for 1000 years, a mass murderer with zero remorse, for 1000 years. I dont say this to be vicious or attack Thor, not at all, I'm glad he changed, that's good, it's good that he had a character arc that made him much more complicated and grey and not just a Dudley Do-right character. That is a good thing. but if you break him down to his base core at that point, and for a LONG time before that, he is as bad as Loki, even if in slightly different ways, and with little or seemingly absolutely no reasons, superficial or not, for being that way.

So you see? No point in arguing about this crap. So please, let's move on.