View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #108
Godzilla2000
Eternal Guardian of Light

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Well maybe magic itself is not taboo but the Dark Arts is easier to master than light magic. And it's that Dark Energy which can easily distort one's soul. Who knows how much Dark Energy Loki genetically possesses in his DNA already. Maybe that's why Odin hid his lineage from him, because he feared that Loki, knowing he was the spawn of two evil creatures, would be marked to become just like his biological parents because it was his destiny all along. He was just buying time until Thor was strong enough to handle the threat.

I keep thinking of Nick Fury's words in the Avengers with Thor concerning Loki as a threat, "What are you prepared to do?" I think that Odin knows that if he had to he could not kill Loki because of how he came to raise Loki as his own son. I think on some basic level Odin is grooming Thor to do what his aging, mellowing mind cannot do and that's upholding the peace within the nine realms, even if that means killing Loki to stop their destruction.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- With me there is no game, no preplanned risk, only the same chance as any other mortal human in this world of an uninterrupted life not cut short intentionally by others' machinations.