View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #694
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
But is it right for her character or the story? Just because Tony can, doesn't mean he should. Why would Pepper even agree? She doesn't strike me as someone who just suit up because Tony asked her.

Come on. Cherokeesam hasn't come in here spouting sexist nonsense.
I don't think he's spouting sexist comments at all. I think he's assuming the armor is going to be used in a fashion that IS sexist, and I don't believe there's any evidence of that. It certainly seems like a valid thing to do given Tony's state of mind.

To your last point, I kind of got the impression that the clip from the trailer where he's talking about protecting the things he can't live without might be an argument with Pepper, possibly about creating Rescue. She might not want such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
The Rescue armour is needless, especially how some are arguing for it. Like I've said elsewhere (in a thread actually dedicated to this conversation), if she were to get some armour it would be naive to think she'd simply run away to safety.

You're essentially reducing her to a damsel in distress by giving her armour just so she can run away (and let the men fight ). If Tony uses his armour through Extremis to remotely save her in a scene then it's not so bad as she doesn't really have a choice, but giving her an armour of her own and expecting her to simply run away is silly. You undermine her character that way.
That's exactly what I think it'll be.