View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #305
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I actually think that waiting a tad longer would indeed be the best option. After the high of the first movie, I have an insatiable appetite for part 2, so I'm glad it's arriving as soon as 2015 with all the solo sequels in-between (with GOTG as a kick-ass bonus).

Once TA2 is all said and done, I think I'll be much more interested in seeing newer properties develop and seeing the MCU really expand. Ant-Man coming out later that year is just the thing I'll need to get me started. I don't know how other people feel, but I think holding the third chapter out an extra year or two will only build more great anticipation. Like the new characters (Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, etc) will be refreshing and keep the MCU from feeling like a rinse-and-repeat cycle of heroes, then The Avengers 3 will show up after the long wait to a much more satisfying feeling of "they're back!"

It's unlikely this'll happen, but Feige has pleasantly surprised me before.
Indeed; plus, think of all of the potential heroes that they can introduce within the SHIELD TV Series during that break period that wouldn't normally have gotten exposure due to most feeling that they can't support a feature film on their own.