View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #279
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I actually did know when it was coming out, I just forgot. Now would be the perfect time for me to blame the marketing dept but I suppose that's a no no.

I'll wait till the footage till I judge the footage, I'll go right ahead and judge a relatively late starting marketing campaign on it's lateness....when it's late.

You could sit there and say the exact same thing if Fox started marketing this film in early july, that wouldn't make it any more right. Neither would Mangold tweeting about showing up fashionably late for that matter. I have a good feeling about this movie but, starting 4 months out...I'm sure that's what everyone involved wanted.
No, you're making assumptions based on not having a trailer yet.

Quote:
I was thinking of Pacific Rim and Lone Ranger and for some reason I thought fox ended up with an early July. Figures it would be at the end.
That means you didn't "actually know when it was coming out", and you were making assumptions based on movies coming out weeks earlier.

Quote:
I however believe "trying their best" would be getting a good early start on production(unlike First Class) working their quality and getting a good amount of promotional material out there with the rest of their competition.
Their only competition that weekend is a Woody Allen movie. And again, how do you know we're not going to be getting innundated with promotions for this by the time next month gets here?

Quote:
First footage seen 4 months out isn't their best and I'm very curious what the the actual reasoning is.
And you're assuming there's a more sordid backstory.

Quote:
Long story short, there should be no need to "race out a half assed anything." Unlike PRim, I would hope this film wasn't exceptionally reliant on CGI you won't want getting out unfinished.
And you were involved in every facet of the production to know this, were you?

Look, being disappointed about not having a trailer is one thing. What you're doing is making assumptions based on wrong dates, and information that none of us know anything about. Seems silly.