View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #105
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
But just to clarify, I didn't mean to say I believe any of that Bryan/ Halle feud nonsense. I don't think it has anything to do with Halle. I just think Bryan never invested in Storm's character and he just seems to continue to give it the short straw.

So in a sense, even if Storm is in DOFP, I think it would be ill-advised for Storm fans to suddenly think Bryan and co. can write and direct Halle in a good Storm role. There's always hope, but we should be cautious in getting too excited for the prospect.
Agreed on all fronts. I honestly don't expect anything more from Storm in DoFP beyond some absolutely brilliant SFX battles with the Sentinels before or after being apprehended/jailed/killed. And that's it. That's all the producers of this franchise have ever used Storm for anyway. So I've come to stop expecting equal treatment--it's never gonna happen until a complete reboot or with another studio.

Funny: aside from Jean, Storm is the most powerful member of the X-Men in the movie-verse. Yet of the entire cast, she has the most shallow soul in terms of character development. What a waste.