View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #109
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Agreed on all fronts. I honestly don't expect anything more from Storm in DoFP beyond some absolutely brilliant SFX battles with the Sentinels before or after being apprehended/jailed/killed. And that's it. That's all the producers of this franchise have ever used Storm for anyway. So I've come to stop expecting equal treatment--it's never gonna happen until a complete reboot or with another studio.
I would hope that if they can't give her a plotline that's relevant to the story, the next best thing would be to display Storm's leadership skills.

One of the many great aspects of Storm's comic book character was her natural ability to lead the team and to make very difficult decisions. What better time to display that than in the very bleak and dangerous DOFP timeline.

If they can't give her a nice character arc, they should just focus on her burden as the leader, having to send her troops on these dire missions and having ironclad conviction in the face of extermination. (Very unlike X3, where she was always deferring to Logan.)