View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #202
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What happens if it stops working while he is wearing it is the question here. I am still not sure how his suits power supply works these days. Apparently his new chest piece is close to everlasting, and yet he was in danger of running out of power in The Avengers.
The armor was draining Tony's arc reactor in The Avengers simply because he had to call on it to do so much. He used every system and all of his armaments (lasers, etc.) to their max, and took a hellish beating on top of that. When he exploded a Leviathan from within he ended up with the armor shredded and drained of a lot of power. Then the Chitauri started in on him. That explains the power issues, at least to my satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelChen View Post
Certainly comic Mandarin isn't a behind the scenes guy. He's more like Bane or Prometheus, someone who will spend just enough time behind the scenes to set things up advantageously for himself, then show up in person and kick your ass.
That's true of the comics Mandarin, but in the MCU he has spent years working behind the scenes to set Tony up for the kill. In all the time the Ten Rings has been working to destroy Stark, from that cave in Afghanistan to helping Vanko get at him in Monaco and onward, the Mandarin did not show himself at all. Obviously he is going to emerge from the shadows, but I wouldn't expect him to openly engage in battle with Tony until the very end of the movie.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote