View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #183
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
...Everything we've seen so far is almost a direct copy of an earlier script development... The suit, the neo-medieval krypton, nano-technology, etc... Fans alike already hated this crap back when MCG was directing it. I guess the general public has forgotten about the development hell of the 90's...
I wasn’t aware of any universal criticism of the “neo Medieval” approach. We’ve only seen a few costume samples and we don’t know how well the motif will be integrated with Kryptonian technology, architecture, etc. I think most of us are taking a wait-and-see attitude. Same with the “nano suit” (which at this point is still speculation, not confirmed). (Also: I think the general public was largely ignorant of any “development hell.”)

Quote:
Poop is still poop no matter how much sugar you sprinkle on top, and a bad idea is still a bad idea no matter how many times one has to try it.
And the flip side: good designs and concepts that were part of cancelled projects remain good designs and concepts.