View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #332
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
I give that Thanos is pulling Loki's strings without him realizing it. I just have a feeling that Infinity Gauntlet is going to come up missing after Asgard gets attacked and Loki is going to have something to do with it. And I don't think Loki really wanted to rule Earth because I think even he realized if the Avengers couldn't stop the Chituri army then they would destroy the Earth.
Not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering why you think the Chitauri would destroy the Earth? Granted, we don't have any backstory on them at all (they're nothing like their comic-book namesake, so we can't get any info there), but it seems to me they were portrayed as just mercenaries, not pillagers. They were still ostensibly taking orders from Loki, not just randomly destroying ****.

Quote:
And as far as Asgard not being Loki's end goal if you think about it he had many chances to leave and get away but instead chose to stay in a position where he would be caught eventually. When he was first captured he could have left while Thor and IM were fighting but chose to stay and get caught. Then instead of sitting around Stark tower he could have opened the portal left waited for the end and either came out and took control if the Chituri won or stayed in hiding if they lost but he chose to wait for everyone to get there. Then while everyone was battling the army after his fight with Thor he could have left again but chose to sit around and wait. That tells me he had a bigger motive than Earth for everything he did.
Well, again there, Loki is a plane-jumper, so he could technically get back to Asgard any time he wanted of his own free will and magic. Plus, once he got the Tesseract in his hands, he *could've* just taken it for himself and assumed cosmic power on Midgard, Asgard, or anywhere he liked. The fact that he *didn't* use the Tesseract for his own ends tells me that he was actually trying to honor his end of the bargain with Thanos.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014