View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #190
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
I wasn’t aware of any universal criticism of the “neo Medieval” approach. We’ve only seen a few costume samples and we don’t know how well the motif will be integrated with Kryptonian technology, architecture, etc. I think most of us are taking a wait-and-see attitude. Same with the “nano suit” (which at this point is still speculation, not confirmed). (Also: I think the general public was largely ignorant of any “development hell.”)
back in the 90's, when the "neo-medieval" Krypton was being used int he Abrams script, not to mention Ty-Zor, and the crazy suit design... many posters here on SHH have already noticed many similar distinctions between the past productions and this production.
a lot of these concepts were leaked, and the fans hated them, and thats a big reason why it never got made. why do i bring this up? because those same fans who hated it so much in the 90's are now rejoicing over it today... personally, i see that as hypocrisy. people hated to see what Jon Peters did to the Superman movie franchise, and yet many of his designs are very obvious in this movie- i find it ridiculous to call this movie new.

Quote:
And the flip side: good designs and concepts that were part of cancelled projects remain good designs and concepts.
true- but if this nano-tech crap is true, it shows that WB is still trying to make money off of old and deserted projects... somewhere right now, Jon Peters is laughing, saying to himself "Im still getting my Superman film. Maybe not exactly what I wanted, but in some form, I'm still getting it."

if they wanted a new and fresh idea, they should of made a Fleischer piece. That would of been new. That would of been unheard of. That would of been amazing. That is what needs to happen, IMO.