View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #199
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
back in the 90's, when the "neo-medieval" Krypton was being used int he Abrams script, not to mention Ty-Zor, and the crazy suit design... many posters here on SHH have already noticed many similar distinctions between the past productions and this production.
a lot of these concepts were leaked, and the fans hated them, and thats a big reason why it never got made. why do i bring this up? because those same fans who hated it so much in the 90's are now rejoicing over it today... personally, i see that as hypocrisy. people hated to see what Jon Peters did to the Superman movie franchise, and yet many of his designs are very obvious in this movie- i find it ridiculous to call this movie new.
As the various screenplays for Lives and Flyby have surfaced (years after they were written), certainly many fans expressed criticisms about the stories and/or character interpretations. But I’m not sure there was all that much hue-and-cry about their respective design approaches. Since the films were never made, all we have are some vague descriptions and a few concept drawings. So to the extent that fans are liking MOS’s “neo Medieval” motifs (the little that we’ve seen), I think it’s a stretch to charge hypocrisy.