View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #927
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Vartha's got a point.
In Thor 1, Odin was abdicating to Thor. It most likely wasn't just as a gift to Thor; it was probably because Odin felt he was getting too old or weak to do his duties anymore. (And maybe he sensed the Odinsleep coming on, too...who knows.) So, fast forward through: exiled prince; comatose king; evil usurper; prodigal son returning to set things right in the kingdom again. It's likely that Odin sees now that Thor has matured significantly during the last two movies, and is more than capable of assuming the throne now.
Okay, now I am confused. I dont understand the disagreement. Everything you just said, is EXACTLY what I am thinking and trying to say.

It is my understanding that Vartha is claiming that Thor has ALREADY been crowned king before the avengers? And when Thor 2 starts, he will already have been king. Am I missunderstanding what he was saying?

I have no doubt in my mind thor will become king in this movie. I thought Vartha was trying to say that Thor was ALREADY CROWNED king?