View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #973
Figs
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Everyone got their own poster in the AVENGERS marketing, and everyone liked that....so the logical step is to give lots of the secondary characters in all upcoming MARVEL movies their own poster. I have no problem with that, and like that people have so many choices of posters to get now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
LOL, Figs are you seriously upset that Rhodey gets his own poster?

Honestly, I hope Rescue/Pepper gets her own poster now just to see the reactions .

Obviously Rhodey/Iron Patriot is an important part of this movie and he's another armored character, so it makes sense he'd get a poster.
It's not so much that he's getting his own poster. To be honest the poster itself doesn't truly bother me. I'm just worried about how much screen time he might take away from Stark. Don't get me wrong, I do like Cheadle a lot as an actor and enjoyed him for the most part in IM2, I just want this film to focus primarily on Stark/IM, especially after what we got in part 2. I know it will focus on Stark of course, but I don't want War Machine/Iron Patriot to hog a lot of the screen time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Because he's the Murtaugh to Stark's Riggs.

Also he has a minigun attached to his shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's no denying WM looks badass in the comics and the movies; but I think most fanboys "have a hardon" for him because he's black, and that's still a rarity in the the world of comics *and* comic-book movies. I'd still love to see both Falcon AND War Machine graduate to the Avengers....get some affirmative action up in this mofo
I'll admit, he does look fairly badass and I think that it is good that they have a black character in a few of these films(crossing my fingers for a Black Panther movie to be honest). When it comes to the Avengers, I don't want him anywhere near the next movie. If the previous cast returns, it will just be too crowded.