View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #927
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Very pleased with the result, I felt we needed to get an away goal at least. Madrid were the better side IMO and dominated the last 20 minutes of the first half, but a resolute defensive performance and an excellent set of saves from De Gea kept us level, there was nothing he could do about Air-Ronaldos header.

In the second half I felt we contained them better and had 4 good chances to grab a second. Welbeck, De Gea and Rio were all superb, and Jones does a good tracking job, but his lack of quality on the ball meant we never got a foothold in midfield.

It's still wide open, I think we'll need to score at least twice at Old Trafford to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Also, Hunter, my IP gets intermittently banned for some reason (and I'm reasonably sure I've done nothing to warrant that). If you could please look into it...
Shoot me a PM with the details and I'll look into it for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Juve was smart. However I like Marchisio more and more. Italy NT midfield (if they'll continue with 4-3-3) Marchisio - De Rossi - Pirlo is very close to Spain NT IMHO.
Pirlo is getting old but in Veratti they seem to have his successor. Marchisio is excellent and has gone underrated for a while because until last season Juve were in a slump. We were linked when his contract was running down but I'm sure they re-signed him.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"