View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #931
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Okay, now I am confused. I dont understand the disagreement. Everything you just said, is EXACTLY what I am thinking and trying to say.

It is my understanding that Vartha is claiming that Thor has ALREADY been crowned king before the avengers? And when Thor 2 starts, he will already have been king. Am I missunderstanding what he was saying?

I have no doubt in my mind thor will become king in this movie. I thought Vartha was trying to say that Thor was ALREADY CROWNED king?
Oh. Okay.
Yeah, like you, I don't think something as big as assuming the throne would be something you'd want to do offscreen, between movies. Plus, if Thor was already king, there'd be some indication of that in Avengers.

I think TDW will open with Odin still in charge, but with his subjects in widespread revolt. Could be the political instability that causes Odin to hold off on turning the throne over to Thor; better to wait until peace has been restored for that.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014