View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
The thing I really hope this series does is start with The Joker already established. I've seen his first encounter with Batman done twice now, and to me, the most interesting aspect of their relationship has always been the longevity of it. They're like two dancers who have performed together time and time again with neither of them ever being able to end the dance. Joker should be there from the first movie in a Hannibal Lecter type supporting role and he should eventually get the spotlight in film 3 or 4. This would also be a fantastic opportunity to do a live action Harley Quinn.
Agree that Joker should be established this time around. Overall I'd like to see Arkham play more of a role. Which leads me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I'd like to see Hugo Strange, The Penguin and The Riddler have a constant presence throughout any new franchise, and ditto Selina Kyle/Catwoman. I definitely want to see more of a focus on the idea of Gotham as a freak magnet, and the way the existing mob must contend with the new breed of criminal.
Beat me to it Guard. I'm particularly keen on seeing Hugo Strange have a growing, overarching role over the course of the new franchise. I would love to see him portrayed as someone who grows more and more obsessed with Batman as he treats each of the various freaks that Batman sends to Arkham. There's so many ways you could go with it...Monster Men, Prey, etc.

Overall I think Hugo is really overdue for his moment to shine. I thought Arkham City would be that, but he was a bit shortchanged there.

There's

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote