View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #47
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mysterious Character: The Peter Dinklage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Devin Faraci over at badassdigest (he was best known for chud.com) is speculating Dinklage could be playing a motion-captured villain. He's thinking Sinister. I'm not so sure about that.

I'm not sure about that either, but I agree with why he thinks Dinklage isn't playing Puck.

Quote:
To be honest bringing in an actor as good as Dinklage to play a character like Puck - who is not that deep or interesting, and is mostly known for his silly looks - seems dumb. It feels like a major waste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton Sun View Post
Well they can always make Puck more interesting. They did it with Toad and Pyro. Besides, these movies mostly focus on their real names. So he'll probably be called Eugene most of the time.

With the casting of Dinklage, it makes me think that Alpha Flight might also have a role in the 70s since Wolverine wasnt affiliated with X-Men until the first movie.
Toad and Pyro make sense in their respective movies. Puck doesn't make sense in this one. He could be a mutant in the 1970s, who helps the X-Men, but the team already has an acrobatic character in Beast. And, unlike Puck, Beast provides more than that. Besides, one of the reasons Fox is tackling Days of Future Past, and bringing back the big names and recognizable characters, is that the more obscure, lesser known mutants of First Class didn't sell well. So, knowing that, why bring in Puck and why cast someone like Dinklage to play him?

Last edited by BMM; 02-14-2013 at 01:25 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote