View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #346
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That theory is close; but not quite.

If, according to that theory, all Loki wants is to get back to Asgard and rule there, then he's got plenty of opportunity and wherewithal to do so easily enough. He's a plane-jumper. He knows his way back to Asgard through back-doors that even Heimdall doesn't know about --- he admitted as much to Hemidall in Thor 1. Plus, once he got the Tesseract, he could've said "**** off" to everybody --- Thanos, the Avengers, the whole shootin' match --- and just jetted back to Asgard, used the Cube to get cosmic power beyond imagining, and wipe Odin (let alone Thor) out of existence.

I think Loki was actually being honest about wanting to rule Midgard. It would've been giving the finger to Thor in many ways to do so.

Instead, I think Thanos is the manipulator here. HE allows Loki to get defeated so that he can position his Asgardian pawn right where he wants him --- at the gates of Odin's Treasury, where his TRUE prize awaits: the Gauntlet. Thanos was using Loki; not the other way around.
Why don't you just use "sky diver" or "parachutist" like everyone else?

But maybe he just wants a golden parachute after losing his position in Asgard.