View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #806
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: The President Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I don't think there is a proposal out there where they want to do "nothing"....I think the priorities are simply different. You have one group that wants to enforce the laws on the books BETTER, and set restrictions as far as the mental health aspect....and those that want to ban anything with a trigger. I believe there is a happy medium between those two.

As far as the rest of what you wrote, I don't know....nothing has been put forward yet that isn't wholly to one side of the spectrum I just mentioned...
No one of serious consequence is asking to ban anything with a trigger. Guns meant for massive death in warfare? Yes. But that is also off the table along with everything else. Boehner isn't trying to find common ground and the NRA doesn't want a stronger ATF. They are just waiting and hoping that the media frenzy will die down and nothing will get done. Until it happens again. Which it unfortunately will.

--John Adams