View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #936
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Couple of cracking free-kicks from Bale tonight, he's in the best form of his career without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
UTD played a good away game, defended well restricting Madrid mostly to long range efforts which De Ga was up to handling, and they do have the edge now going into the home game.

But never take anything for granted with Mourhinho. His Porto drew at home to UTD then against all expectations beat them at Old Trafford.

For me it's too close to call, but if I had to bet on it I'd go with UTD as the odds are in their favor now, but my gut is telling me Jose might yet have the last laugh.
The only thing I would be surprised by is if either team got blown away in the second leg, I think it'll go down to the wire and be decided by one goal either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I wouldn't sit back and let Madrid come at ye though, it only takes one goal and they'll have cancelled your advantage as well as leading the tie.
I think we'll need to be measured, try and control the tempo better than we did when we got the ball at the Bernabeu, especially for the first half. If we can do that and Madrid get more desperate in chasing the goal then we can utilize out counter attack.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"