View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #39
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

I would personally prefer to see the Batman movies from now on be liked the stories in the comics. Have there be multiple villains already established and have multiple villains appear in one movie in either minor or major roles. I think the Rocksteady Batman games are the best example of this being done outside the comics. You had most of the villains established already - some were major villains in the story (Joker, Harley Quinn, Hugo Strange, Ra's al Ghul) while others were still there but in minor roles (Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, etc.).

Regardless of what villains they use in the next franchise, the Joker has to be one of them. You simply cannot have an ongoing franchise without the Joker. Not every movie has to have him but he does need to be in the franchise overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticJoe View Post
At this point, most of the Batman essential villains have been used. For a quick rundown, the movie villains we've had so far:

The Joker
The Penguin
Catwoman (technically counts as a villain)
Two-Face
The Riddler
Poison Ivy
Mr. Freeze
Bane
Zsasz
Scarecrow
Ra's al Ghul
Talia al Ghul
The problem with this list is that a lot of the villains here were either done poorly, were a radical departure from the comics, or just had cameo appearances (in the case of Zsasz) and those shouldn't really count as being used IMO. In the case of poorly done villains like Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy or villains like the Penguin which were completely different from the comics, I don't think people will complain that it's redundant to reuse them in the reboot (same thing applies for characters that only had cameo appearances like Zsasz).

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote