View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #662
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Man...if you're a fan of TDKR, don't ever waste your time reading through user reviews on Netflix like I just did. A lot of venom there. So many one star ratings, saying it's too long/boring/dark. There's a few more intelligent criticisms, but there's a lot of really uninformed stuff there. As if people didn't see the first two movies and just decided to rent it because it was Batman, having no idea what they were in for. A lot of people bashing the whole trilogy too.

I can deal with people complaining about the plot, or Bane's voice, whatever...it's deeply frustrating when I see people saying this film is just dark for the sake of being dark and is just depressing and nihilistic. It's like they just paid attention to Bane and ignored Bruce's whole arc in the film.
Netflix has some of the worst ratings for movies I've ever seen. Not sure if the ratings are the same in the American version as the Canadian version but I saw Tremors rated 5/5. I mean, WTF?

And remember, any time something is dark, that means it's just for the sake of it and not because the story calls for it. TDKR needed more colours and Whedon jokes to be good. :P