View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #670
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
There's definitely some sense I get from TDKR that Bane's revolution was somehow a necessary part of Gotham's eventual growth. It's like if Gotham can rise from that, they can rise from anything.
This is very true now that i think of it. Even if Joker were to escape for example, or a new mob guy starts building his little empire, i think they now have Batman in their hearts and the whole "Bane occupation" in their minds. This new stuff will have NOTHING on what they experienced during those months in TDKR.

Even if we don't see the people standing up for the city during the crisis, i think it's fine to assume (and not a crime) that they'll be able to handle things better on their own from now on, and say "we dont have Batman anymore, now it's our time to step up". It may be an assumption but when you think of all the crap they went through, especially towards the end with Bane? You best believe Gotham can handle anything.

That's why the ending speaks volumes with Blake. He's there incase and we don't have to see a spinoff because even if he were to suit up, it wouldn't need to be for a long time. The people and the police can find the courage to take care of everything like any other city does.