View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #359
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Rogue was the heart and soul of Bryan's films in my opinion...the emotional center. And Anna Paquin is an amazing actress. But to have her character trump Storm's in DoFP (if that's indeed what's going to happen) just because Bryan wants to work with one over the other is stupid.

Obviously we don't have all the facts at this point. But in terms of her appearance in DoFP, as of now it seems pointless to me. Rogue was powerless--and by choice--by the end of X3. That was our last time seeing her. And how would the source material grant her rights to an appearance in the film?
I don't get this shaming of Rogue/Paquin, that she's now included in DOFP and Storm/Halle wasn't, when Rogue wasn't in the DOFP comics and Storm was. And thus the latter somehow deserving that spot in the movie more than the former.

Besides they're including Xavier in the future scenes when his character was nowhere in the comics to be found. I just don't get the point of pitting characters/actresses against each other. These characters deliver very different things to the franchise and I would hope as X-men fans we can see how one character's inclusion might benefit the film over the inclusion of the other.

Quote:
I'm sure Bryan & Co. have written a clever way to include her that will make absolute sense. All some of us are saying is keep it clever and get Storm in there too.
Now we're talking. I want the original cast of X-men! It just wouldn't be the same without them. Famke, James, Rebecca, Alan, Halle. Come home!