View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #27
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

[QUOTE=Mr. Dent;25203389]^ Yes it would be, on top of a Deadpool movie, more Woverine films, and maybe X-Men spinning off into X-Force. Fox can do so many cool things that people don't realize. With Surfer they can even explore the Shi'ar empire since Fox should have the rights to that and then use that as the bases for a FF/X-Men crossover film.

Why would yo assume that Fox the rights to the Shi'ar Empire when they don't have the rights to the Inhumans, Black Panther and Namor. All of which debut on the FF comic but Marvel has the rights to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
And I don't think that FF will be nearly as dependent on the X-Men with Fox as they would be with the Avengers at Marvel. They're going to be largely in their own corners until a crossover film way down the line. Fox is obligated to continue producing FF films so every film they put out is not going to tie right into the X-Men films, unlike if Marvel had the rights, where they can just make a film or two that ties into the Avengers and then call it a day.
Well being the FF are the only Non-Mutant in the Fox-Marvel shared universe I think they do have to heavily depend on the the X-Verse because the Fox-Verse is the X-Verse and the FF just has to fit in somehow. And there in lies the problem of Fox holding on to the rights. The FF are heroes but Mutants are villains..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think the situation we're in right now is ideal, with Spider-Man, X-Men, and FF at different studios than Marvel. The only thing I would ask for is some little easter eggs to make it clear that they all work in the same universe, like some Stark Industries tech in Spider-Man or the term mutants being used in one of the MCU films. Other than that, it's quite fine to keep them separate and not crossover into the Avengers.
It would be fine if the Studios worked together. Even Easter Eggs (courtesy of X studio) cost money I gather. But they won't because of greed. All these studios want something from Marvel and Marvel doesn't have to give them anything to further their MCU. So they'll keep all the rights and do the best they can. Sony can do it because they have a Marvel Staple in Spider-Man. The FF aren't as known to the GA and really do need an Avengers-like Jumpoff like Ant-Man will probably do through A2.. But, Fox?? They're either too stupid or too arrogant to realize this.. So who suffers?? The one's who dreams of a financially successful FF movie that will warrant sequels.

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 02-16-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote