View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Default Re: My Visions for the Marvel Movie Universe

Part 3:
Quote:
Quickly, Spider-Woman: Jessica Drew is a triple agent, she works for Hydra as a spy in SHIELD and is spying on Hydra for SHIELD while acting as a Hydra Spy in SHIELD. She was genetically altered and turned into a super powered being like Captain America or Hulk, but works as a highly trained assassin/spy like Hawkeye or Black Widow. The movie could be titled something like Code Named: the Spider, A.K.A. Arachnia. I Redesigned Spider-Woman because I thought her movie could be a real spy, Espionage, political, terrorist thriller, Marvel movie. It could be all about her being a SHIELD agent who is actually a Spy for Hydra, but she is actually spying on Hydra for SHIELD. And it be this big spy drama, all about who can she trust and who can trust her. And It would be itdarker and grittier than Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, or Spider-Man. More in the style of the Bourne movies, or Patriot Games, Salt, Mission Impossible 1, movies like those. Maybe cameos by Maria Hill, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, or Agent Coulsen. And to cut the confusion about her being related or connected to Spider-Man, her name is changed to a code name, the Spider or Arachnia. The concept is that in a world with Superheroes and Super Villains, of coarse the government would use, or create in her case, a super powered covert agent to send at the bad guys. So she lives in the same world as Thor and Captain America and Iron Man, but dwells in a part so dark they usually don't get there. She is also so undercover that you can't be sure where her alliances are. There could also be a scene, to get the Spider-Man confusion out of the way, where someone asks her Are you related to Spi... and she interrupts "NO!" (Or not.) I redesigned her costume to look more like a spy outfit. The Black stripes were changed to straps. I was considering even making the black stripes outlining her yellow design to be straps too. All straps all the time. But wasn't sure it would look good. Plus Hawkeye has this purple arrow design for no reason on his costume. The red on her suit I made darker. The idea is that its more like a dark uniform that is sort of red. I just haven't finished the coloring yet. The wings currently look like a cape because they aren't extended in flight. But they are meant to be wings and not a cape. Maybe the straps are like a harness for her wings. Her mask and Spider-Man eyes were changed into goggles. Her left arm might be a little long. I drew this design based on a Marvel cover featuring the new Phantom X, who is a woman, and she was holding a large gun in her left hand. (I wanted to get my idea on paper fast.) I changed it and it turned out too long. So a very quick character history movie plot concept idea thing: Jessica Drew (if that is her real name) was an agent for M-13 in England's spy game. She was recruited by SHIELD and went under cover in Hydra. Hydra turned her into a super powered assassin and sent her into SHIELD as their spy. Something like that. Her code names are the Spider and Arachnia.
Marvel movies should also open a new branch, the spy/espionage thriller movies. Like Bourne movies, or Mission Impossible movies, or Patriot Games, Salt, etc. The spy movies are gritty and darker than the usual Marvel films, but also include things like LMDs, super powers, psychic spies, etc. These films include characters like Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Falcon, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Abigail Brand, Sharon Carter, Captain America, Spider-Woman, Agent Clay Quartermain, Jimmy Woo, Jasper Sitwell, Gabriel Jones, etc. Maybe Henry Peter Gyrich? Thunderbolt Ross?
Young Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD, a film that takes place during 1960/1970 and stars a young actor (20 something) playing a young Nick Fury. He was a soldier during the Vietnam War and comes home unhappy. He is found by SHIELD agent, and old veteran Dum Dum Dugan, and brought into SHIELD as a rookie. He also meets the Contessa there too. Fury is trained by Dugan and becomes his partner/friend. Fury excels and becomes SHIELD's top agent. But he looses his eye and his hair starts to gray on the sides.
The film fills in the gaps of what happened between Captain America 1 and Iron Man 1. Where did Hydra go after Red Skull vanished? What happened to the soldiers in Cap's team? (Answer is they became SHIELD.) Other stuff like that.
I'll fix this up and add more later.
Comments I made on that blog:
Quote:
The idea is that the roster isn't changed so drastically. But rather that while some actor's contracts are up, others are not and they stay in the movie to keep the audience at ease. So while Captain America and Thor are leaving, and maybe Iron Man is recast (because there are plans to), Hank Pym and Wasp are staying behind. That way when new faces like Carol Danvers or Falcon are brought in the audiance still has Hank Pym and Wasp there from Avengers 2 or 3. Plus Carol and Falcon will have been introduced in previous solo films like Captain America 2 and a Captain Marvel film.

I agree with both you and Red Queen that this set up wouldn't be ideal. But I was thinking, Chris Evans, Rovert Downey Jr, and the rest, are signed for 3 solo films, and 3 Avengers films, and maybe 3 cameos. And usually the actors leave right away, except Hugh Jackman, because they want to play different characters. So I thought the most we would get is that they would stick around till Avengers 3. But I thought that we could have Ant Man and Wasp by maybe Avengers 2 or 3, and they would stick around till after the others leave. Maybe they could also bring in another character too, like Falcon or Bucky, so that they stagger the roster a bit more.My set up isn't the exact way I want it to go, just an example to help illustrate my idea. That while the rest of the cast leaves when their contracts are up we still get other characters who were introduced while the original cast was there who will stay till the new cast is known by the audience. If I could I would want maybe two others to stick around, so that In Avengers 2 we get Ant Man and Wasp, Avengers 3 maybe we get Falcon and Bucky, and in Avengers 4 while the rest leave we would still have Ant Man and Wasp and Falcon and Bucky. And if it could we could keep maybe Hulk or Thor to keep the roster rotation spread out a little more. But I don't think they will, and I would prefer something like this to them just recasting Captain America/Steve Rogers, or Thor. Maybe we could get Bucky as the next Captain America, or later on maybe Thunder Strike, or maybe War Machine. It would be nice to stagger the casting more, because I think it would be just as big a failure if Avengers 4 just had different actors playing Thor, Steve Rogers, and Tony Stark. But I don't want them to just end the Avengers at Avengers 3, like it can't go on. It can and I think it should.

Just for fun, Bucky as the new Cap, Eric as the new Thor, War Machine, She-Hulk, Yelena Belova as the new Black Widow, and Swordsman instead of Hawkeye.
Also, the characters brought in, to fill the roster, would most likely have had their own solo films. For example Carol Danvers in the Captain Marvel film, and then she becomes an Avenger. So the audience already knows her like they knew Captain America before he was an Avenger. Same with Edgar Writes Ant Man, he will become an Avenger too but by then people will know of him from his own film. So that when the other cast, like Captain America, leave and are replaced by other Avengers like Captain Marvel or Ant Man the audience will know the people replacing them and it wont be random strangers. So the films will not only have a staggered cast, somewhat, but also have the solo films to help establish these characters and familiarize them with the public.
Ideally it would be great if you could keep at least 3 of the cast, like Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow, and bring in 3 new like Ant Man, Wasp, and Falcon, so that the staggering of the recasting and rotating is more spread out. So that the next time that is done there are more known characters, So when Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow leave you still have Ant Man and Wasp and Falcon, and you can bring in three new like Bucky, She-Hulk, and Captain Marvel/Carol.

Most of the names I threw out there were random. I am sure that when they recast them it would be due to the story as to who they cast in the next Avengers. (the Avengers with Thunderstrike and Swordsman were just for fun, casting the equivalent or the doppelganger.) For example maybe they would bring in Wonder Man because they are doing the story about Grim Reaper and Baron Zemo creating their own super soldier or something. Maybe they bring in Swordsman and make him a cool SHIELD agent like Hawkeye (trained Hawkeye perhaps). But like I mentioned, most of the characters who would be brought in later, to fill the void would be characters who had already shown in previous films. Like Ant Man and Wasp in their film, Falcon in Captain America, maybe Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel sol film, maybe Black Panther in his own solo film. So that when they show up the audience will know who they are and maybe be less upset that they are "replacing" Captain America. Plus, also, this way they can keep going. And bring in characters like Kang, Ultron, Baron Zemo, and other Avenger bad guys and stories they may not do other wise. And just like how they made a huge Marvel movie universe, something not done before, they could keep that world growing and evolving and changing. Making it more like the actual Marvel comic universe brought into the movies.Some characters, like Hulk and Vision, would be easier to keep around. Banner has already been recast so many times that audiences would be OK with it, and the Vision would be like the Hulk, mostly CG and easy to keep around when the actor leaves. Just replace the voice actor or whatever.
Recasting Bruce Banner
Once the recasting is established, like when Tony stark is recast after Iron Man 3 and Avengers 3 or like how Bruce Banner has been recast so many times the audience doesn't mind, then they could bring back the characters with new actors. Maybe around Avengers 7 you can bring Tony Stark, or Steve Rogers, back being played by a different actor

How to use Billy and Tommy without having to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?
Well, I would have to think about it and maybe come up with a more detailed idea later, but off the top of my head I would say that Changing their backstory too much would be bad. Fans wouldn't like it and I think so far not changing too much is one reason people like the Marvel movies. But like you said Mutants are owned by a different movie studio, and I think Quicksilver is too. But I don't think Scarlet Witch is, yet. So maybe bring her in as who she is, the daughter of a super powered terrorist and she has reality altering powers. Maybe never mention she is a mutant, but then that might lead to problems too. Hmm, this is hard because I don't want to have to change their back story really. But I do like your Asgardian idea. Maybe Make it so that Billy and Tommy are the twin sons of the Vision, who through magic suddenly had two sons. And like you said it was all a trick by Loki, and Enchantress to perhaps. Sort of get Scarlet Witch out of the story I guess because too much of her story is off limits. Maybe their mother could be hinted at, Vision saying Billy is so much like his mother, and Tommy is so much like his uncle. But never going into much detail, just hints if at all. Almost like that Astro city story where a superhero/villain battle alters reality and suddenly a man's love vanishes from existence and he can remember her but she never happened. So here, maybe the Scarlet Witch happened but she isn't there and maybe never happened. Billy and Tommy are like shadows or mirrors of two people who never existed. But Maybe she shouldn't be mentioned at all. Make it a Vision/Billy/Tommy centered story.
So yeah, Billy and Tommy are the twin sons of the Android Vision, who suddenly had two sons through a magic trick by Loki. And like Thor says, magic is just their version of science. So they wont suddenly vanish, its like Loki created two live humans with powers. And like in the comics, with the two sons being reflections of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, they can be reflections of both Vision and Loki. With Tommy being sort of like Loki and Billy being sort of like the Vision (in terms of personality).
Or Better yet, just replace Scarlet Witch with Enchantress. She is an enemy the Avengers have fought in a previous film at this point (I hope) and she and the Vision fall in love. Then Loki, causing trouble and using the Enchantress's power and his own, creates the children of Vision and the Enchantress. Two sons, one like the Enchantress and the Vision, and the other similar to Loki ('s personality).
What do you think?

Last edited by Artistsean; 02-18-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote