View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #83
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Overall, I think he should just be the height of human perfection. He should be incredibly intelligent, physically fit, probably plays the piano or something weird, and, raised by gypsies he should take advantage of their magics and weaponize it into powerful sorcery.

He should indeed be portrayed as far more intelligent than Stark. He should develop the armor (not specifically as a weapon like Iron Man, but to contain/enhance his overly destructive sorcery) and an army of "doombots" or something similar.

His voice should be extremely pronounced, even if they have to do it bodiless like Bane, and it should definitely be accented. Preferably Eastern European. Latveria is important, but whether the citizens fear him, respect him or are mind-controlled by him is up for creative debate, so long as its done well.

He should be included in the F4 origin, but that is NOT where he should gain his powers.
And how is playing the piano and weird in the same sentence? Are you suggesting Doom being able to play the piano is not something normal?

I'm trying to imagine a scene with all these thousands of parents taking their young children for piano lessons:

Mother: "Come on Tommy, you're going to start playing a weird instrument."

Tommy: "But Mother, I could end up a ruthless dictator should I proceed!"