View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #68
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: NOW which film is your favourite??

First Act: Batman Begins, easily. The first time we get Bruce Wayneís full origin in any media version of Batman, and its near perfect.

Second Act: The Dark Knight in another no brainer. From Joker killing people to Rachelís death, TDK has the best middle act for sure.

Third Act: The Dark Knight again. The Prewitt scene is ace, and so is the final sequence between Bruce/Gordon/Dent.

Intro: For now Iíd have to go with TDKR, just because of how exciting the entire sequence was. But I honestly might go with BB, because its the only time in the trilogy that the movie actually started with who is supposed to be the main character.

Ending: The Dark Knight, no question. Sums up why Batman is such a great character. Batman Begins is second, and I was too disappointed by certain aspects of TDKRís ending to rank it anything above last.

Overall, I oscilate between BB and TDK. What I love about Begins is that itís the only time in Nolanís trilogy where his Batman seems truly extraordinary. Someone said that the villains took a backseat to Bruce in this franchise, but BB is the only time where I felt that was completely true, especially in regards to Batman facing off against the villains. In Batman Begins, we have a Batman that seems more in control in regards to taking on threats. In TDK, Joker was ahead of him most of the time, and in TDKR Batman never got a truly satisfying victory over Bane. With BB, Nolan came closer to portraying the comic book badassness of the character than he would in subsequent films.

In regards to TDK, while I love Begins for comic book-ness, TDK is just an excellent film, the only one in the trilogy that deserved a Best Picture and Best Director nod at the Oscars. Bale, Eckhart, and Oldman remain underrated for their performances.

TDKR is still last for me.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote