View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #164
Mr. Dent

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
See, that's what I was afraid of. Making up a bunch of new characters and not paying tribute to the thousands upon thousands of existing characters they already have, famour or no.

Those comments from Joss definitely just lowered my expectations by a huge chunk. I'm now expecting a garden variety crime/spy drama that doesn't even seem to take place in a super-powered world, with no-name characters nobody has heard of.

Don't know what Marvel and Joss were thinking, but sounds like they missed the mark by a long shot.
A TV show will not work if the only thing you're relying on is classic Marvel characters fot hell of it. That's not how it works. Joss knows what he is doing. Obviously they will pay tribute to the Marvel universe, he said it right there in the interview, but what he is not going to do is make the entire show about existing Marvel stories and characters because it doesn't make for good TV nor is it needed for the show to be a critical success.

And also in the interview, he specifically said that it would NOT be your regular crime show. Read your context clues.