View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #90
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Redoing the origin from Krypton to his becoming Earth's protector (Zod as the key physical villain, Pa Kent dies scaring young Clark, he feels odd/different for his powers and not being able to tell anyone, he moves to Metropolis where he meets/falls for Lois, etc.) with a big name cast and an unknown in the lead. Totally different from Donner and "that hack" Singer.

Not knocking that. Its fine. But you guys need to put down the Kool-Aid. This ain't a reinvention of the wheel.
There are plenty of things we know of in MOS that we've never seen in a Superman film before:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- Robot army
- Big spaceships in the sky (including the Phantom Zone being replaced by a spaceship called the 'Black Zone')
- Tornado
- Clark with a beard
- Clark having a human life in an alaskan fishing village
- Jor-el and Zod fight scene
- Suit without trunks
- The military fighting against Superman
- Black Perry White
- Young Clark first being told he is an alien
- Dr Hamilton
- The FOS as a spaceship rather than an ice castle that rises from a crystal
- ... and i'd say it's a pretty safe bet that JK doesn't die of just a natural random heart attack. It's bound to go down in a much bigger way.

No one is saying there are going to be absolutely no similarities whatsoever. But there are certainly a number of very different elements in play in this film than any previous film representation... and those are the things that make this a lot more exciting than SR for me.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*