View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #882
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
What I say is true about the Commission and two-party system. You can believe it or not, that is up to you.
No, the two-party system has nothing to do with the Commission's practices. The only way to go beyond a two-party system is to develop a proportional method of voting. It's far more trickier than the simplistic viewpoint you're making it out to be.

Quote:
The League of Women Voters even said the Commission was going to commit a farce on the American People.
So?

Quote:
It has. The entry rule into the debates used to be lower than 15%. If the two parties were fair....ballot access laws and the Commission would be fairer. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein were on enough state ballots to win the election, they should had be invited to at least 1 debate. You get on enough state ballots, which takes plenty of time and resources for a 3rd Party to do, then you should be in at least 1 debate.
It is fair. Sure, you can be on enough ballots, but if you don't even register 1% in the polls, you're not worth the time and effort to get attention.

Quote:
The Republican Party had their chance with Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012. They didn't support him. They don't want libertarians, cause libertarians are gonna bring about lots of change or try to in this country, and the two parties don't want that. Not only that, money talks. Rich libertarians don't run at all it seems.
Except the GOP wants libertarians. It was well reported that Romney was very interested in trying to tap into Paul's grassroots movement, which he ended up failing spectacularly at.

Quote:
If that changes, I hope it happens for the LP. All I see the two parties doing is destroying this country financially.
The Libertarian Party will be forever doomed to obscurity. The only way the Libertarian Movement can become more prominent is by becoming a more prominent faction within the GOP.