View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #42
YoungPrime
Banned User

Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I never said anything about Millar. My point is that they're taking the steps to right the wrongs they did in the past (in Fox's case). If you want to spin that as greed and cash grabs then so be it, but either way it works out to bigger, more ambitious, and more faithful adaptations of the materials for us fans. Just look at what they're doing with The Wolverine. They learned from their mistake with Origins, went back to the drawing board and saw how much success Marvel was having with their faithful adaptations, and decided to make a Wolverine film that actually draws more from the comics and put Wolverine in his solo habitat, where his individual films should belong. The Wolverine will be like a Spider-Man film or Iron Man film, it will be completely Wolverine and could be looked at as its own corner of the universe in a way. Great step in the right direction.

Now with DOFP they're doing the most ambitious, and probably faithful, adaptation of any X-Men film. It all works out for the fans.

With FF they're bringing in a director who will actually honor the source material and make a film that is not only focused on popcorn value but also what make the FF special.

Once again, spin it however you want to but either way fans win.
And where's your proof???

The only one doing the talking for FOX is Mark Millar and you're moon walking away from him better than MJ himself...

So lets look at The Wolverine... All we know is that it's taking place after X3. And we have yet to see a trailer and all Mangold could manage for an excuse is a d-bag remark about being early to a party. (As if FOX was even invited to this party...)

Yet seeing as how disappointed Origon's was, you'd think that FOX would want to get as many fans back on board as soon as possible with all the competition it's surrounded by this summer.

And DOFP just sounds like a convoluted mess so far so Vaughns departure as directer may have more clues about it than one would think.

So sorry but I'm not buying...Everything you're quoting is from Mark Millars mouth which ironically you've disavowed any liking to within the same quote.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote