View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

I feel like Storm, Jean, and Cyclops are the most needed characters in this movie.

Famke was one of my favourite things about the trilogy, and I would be ecstatic if she's in this one. The enormous power of the Phoenix in X3 is enough to explain how she's still alive. Why would anyone be convinced that Wolverine's claws killed her? Or they could do the alternate timeline route. That being said, I can see them being reluctant to bring her back because it would be the second time they would need to explain why she's not dead. At least she had some great moments in the trilogy.

But it's a travesty that Cyclops and Storm haven't been properly represented. They both had capable and charismatic actors, but didn't have anything to work with. They had some good moments, but they were few and far between. I can't even call it a proper X-men film series if Cyclops and Storm aren't integral to the stories they are telling.

I liked First Class, but it didn't feel like a real X-men movie to me, and I think thats because it was missing Jean, Cyclops, and Storm.