View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #90
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
On the topic of the origins, I think the next Fantastic Four movie should go over the origins again just because no one liked the original movies. People liked the original Spider-Man movie (I'm not one of them), so they already saw Spidey's origins. No one liked the FF movies, so if the reboot is good it would hopefully attract more viewers; some of which wouldn't know about the team's origin.
They should just touch upon the origin in the same way The Incredible Hulk did and that's about it - lets not waste too much of this second chance going over the same ground again.
Some characters are defined by their origins [Iron Man, Spider-Man, Bat Man] while others are not.
The FF's origin really does not have that much to do with who they are, it's just how they got their powers. Reed was smart before the accident, Ben was his pal, Sue his girl, and Johnny her brother.
I don't need to see how they met, bla bla bla, take a lesson from FF #1 and the first Burton Bat Man, just start with them as heroes and give us a quick flash back to show the origin [space flight, Negative Zone, what ever].

While I did not hate the first Fox FF films, there certainly is room for improvement.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote