View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #129
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: Han Solo Will Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
He was good in the movie, but it was kind of depressing seeing the image of cool as an old man. It'd be like seeing an elderly James Bond. The biggest problem with Crystal Skull imo was the audience however. People talk about how bad it was but it really wasn't any worse than Temple of Doom, and the stupid campy moments have been around the whole franchize. Not to mention Shia and elderly marian were much less annoying than the blonde girl and Short Round. Short Round and Jar Jar Binks are in a toss up for most annoying racist supporting characters of all time. Being said there are certainly a good number of people concerned over elderly Han, I mean he's not "passing the torch" in the way many have speculated elderly Luke could so it has brought some mixed feelings.
I'm a huge Temple of Doom supporter and Crystal Skull by far is worst than that. And as an Asian-American, dude, Short Round was my hero as a kid, so I don't see how racism at all. Guess what? His moments with Indy were more heart felt and genuine than anything with Mutt and Indy. Plus Harrison Ford was in the best shape in his life in 'Doom'.

Regardless, I haven't met anyone who's liked 'Crystal Skull'. At least 'Doom' has its supporters. In fact, my cousin forgot that 'Skull' existed. Seriously.

My point:

Long live Temple of Doom. Burn, Crystal Skull burn.