View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #302
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Look, about the whole Cavill's "performance" thing, if he does at least as well as Routh did I think he will do fine. Yeah, yeah, people say Routh wasn't that great...but honestly he wasn't the worst either, and everyone knows it, even the people that ***** and complain and say he was "terrible". He wasn't Chris Reeve but then again who could be. He was somewhere in the middle. I thought Routh did just fine with what he had to work with.

I personally think Cavill is an eloquent and intelligent man, and that he will do well, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. I think he will do at least as well as Routh did, and if he does just that then I'll be happy.

Still better than Hayden Christensen. Besides, it's a SUPERMAN movie. I don't need an actor who's so well known (or even not known) that his personality over powers the character. Let the character play himself. Cavill sounded great in the comic con trailer. Hope to see more of that in the next trailers released. I'm not saying "oh, we'll just settle for mediocrity with the Superman actor", I'm just saying hey, I don't think it's going to be "that bad". I don't think it can be. Maybe it's a glass half empty/half full type thing. Idk.

Anyway....Cavill FTW.
Agreed.