View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #52
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I really liked Famke Janssen in the original trilogy, though her character wasn't given as much to do as what her story arc warranted. I don't know if I want her to return though. She died twice in these movies already, for her to be back again as anything other than a flashback is an overkill IMO.

Cyclops... well the original movies didn't really do much to make me care about him. I had an impression that on one hand they wanted to create a rivalry between him and Logan, but on the other hand they didn't want him to be a real threat to either Logan or to the Logan/Jean romance. I felt that there was absolutely no zing to Jean/Scott as a couple.
It is over-kill.

People think it would be great to see the original gang complete and kicking ass. But seriously, its not gonna make the story any better! The cast is already huge, they are introducing time travel, they are mixing the cast of OT and FC and their death in the previous movies would just look really pointless. And even if they plan to bring them back, this isn't the right timing.

Then if they go with introducing the younger version of Cyclops and Jean. I don't think those 2 would get enough character development/proper introduction because the cast of the Original trilogy is also in the movie. Plus there would be a debate/discussion again if they retcon the younger Jean Grey that we saw in X3/the younger Cyclops that we saw in Origins. Its just gonna be a mess!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/