View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #92
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblejeff View Post
Personally I would be fine with a great retelling of the origin story.There's a lot of potential that hasn't been tapped with their story and could make for a great movie.Plus the less association of the last movies the better imo.
Does anyone associate the Incredible Hulk with the Ang Lee Hulk? I don't think so. It's pretty clear that they are two different takes on the character that don't exist within the same continuity, etc. I think folks would be able to do the same with an FF reboot.

What "untapped potential" of the FF origin are you speaking of? I thought that was one of the few things that stood out as being done right. I am not saying that it could not be improved but I would hate for what may be our last attempt at an FF movie [for the foreseeable future] to be bogged down with covering the same ground that has already been covered decently.

Again, look at ASM - close to one hour wasted getting us back to the point we should have been at from the start - a few short flash backs would have given us what little "new" information that was presented. At least with Spidey, we knew going in that Sony was going to give us more than one movie in this new series - not so with Fox and the FF.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote