View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #98
Bim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I'm not sure they can ignore Mara Jade completely. Even if they don't give her a major role, she'll probably be there in some small way. It seems pretty unlikely the film folks will write off the EU that much, change a few little things here and there sure...but outright remove such a huge part of Luke's character post-ROTJ? I don't see it.
Well if that's not the direction they want to go with, they could ignore her. Heck, they could ignore EU completely; i think that's a possibility us fans need to consider might happen. While she's a character i dont care for, this is something ii know might happen with characters i do like, like Jacen and Jaina, or even Anakin Solo.

You have to remember Mara is only a big part of post-ROTJ for those who read EU. There's a lot of fans who dont read it or care for it. Why should writer be confined to that if they can come up with something great on their own?

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote