View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #57
YoungPrime
Banned User

Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And you give them NO credit. Why you gotta be such a hater?
Hate to break it to you but terms like hater are just a cop out.

I gave FOX more then credit I gave them cash to see 8 out of 9 of their comic book films. But today is a new day and the blinders are off so they wont see a penny more of my money for low quality films.

Quote:
Reality check: you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who actually read a first-run MIB or Blade comic book. You can count on the fingers of two hands, plus the toes on half a foot, the number of people who realized that the movies were actually based on comic books.

X-Men was the first real foray into Marvel cinema, based on comic book characters that general audiences actually had heard of, other than some truly abysmal D-grade movies from the 80s and early 90s (Howard the Duck and Dolph Lundgren's Punisher, a DTV Captain America, and a Fantastic Four that thankfully never saw the light of day). *That's* what inspired the current run of movies based on the Marvel comics universe.
Sorry but your reality check has come up NSF! The facts are there clear as day. Blade and Men In Black are Marvel properties PERIOD!

I show you facts and you bring up films that clearly had nothing to do with anything. X-men was the first "known" Marvel comic 2 film to do good box office numbers BUT how did X-men get there????

I'll tell you how...Avi Arad had to pratically beg FOX to take this property while Marvel was on hard times. Why else do you think that Marvel was initially getting a measly 7% of box office returns before they renegotiated it to a whopping 10%?

The wise and all powerful FOX didn't wake up one day and say "Hey, lets give Marvel Fans an X-men film and PRESTO! It was a PROCESS! A reluctant one at that.

Men In Black, unlocked the door...
Blade, gave everyone a peak...
X-men, let everyone know it was cool to enter.

Does that make sense to everyone or does rational thinking still consitute as hating...SMH.

Quote:
Yeah, "the supporting cast were all mediocre at best": that's why J-Law broke out and turned into an overnight phenomenon, and why she shares Breakout Performance nominations with Zoe Kravitz. Why don't you quit spouting your *opinion* as *facts?*

ZOMG....FACTS based on OPINION.
Yeah the Oscar nominations for that film have been flying through the roof thanks for putting me in my place...Oh wait, you didn't.

When it comes to grasping at straws I guess me calling out a movie's mediocre supporting cast must mean that said actors will never be able to get other work in films with better scripts.

Who knew...?

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote